:: ABOUT WISE ::
Established in June 2004, WISE is a not-for profit organization committed to the cause of promoting sustainable energy and sustainable development, with specific emphasis on issues related to renewable energy, energy security, energy efficiency, and climate change. Influencing public policy through research, advocacy, regulation, development of action plans / roadmaps, capacity building, training and outreach activities, is the prime objective of WISE. Some major initiatives pioneered by WISE are:
:: CENTRE FOR REGULATION & POLICY ::
- Developing a pathway for achieving the target of 15% renewable energy by 2020, as specified by the National Action Plan on Climate Change.
- Offering consultancy to various MSW management projects in various Indian states.
- Developing state-level vision documents and renewable energy action plans.
- Piloting a model Renewable Energy law for India in 2005.
- Capacity building for state RE development agencies.
- Training more than 4000 personnel in various areas of RE development.
WISE’s Centre for Regulation and Policy (CRP) suitably amalgamates policy initiative with regulatory intervention to provide a sustainable economic framework for the development of renewable energy in India. The Centre has provided consultancy services to the state electricity regulatory commissions of Gujarat , Maharasht ra, Odi sha, and Karnataka, in determination of RE tariff / framing of regulations. The Centre also assists the corporate sector in regulatory assignments related to tariff determination / policy and regulatory risk analysis. CRP was responsible for developing the first project-specific tariff order in Maharashtra for a 3-MW MSW power project commissioned in Solapur, followed by similar tariff orders for few other MSW-toenergy projects in the state. CERC has empaneled CRP as 'REC Compliance Auditor‘ to look into the compliance of CERC REC Regulations by the generator and other entities.
For more details please visit www.wisein.org